Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Being Aware of the Aging Process

In six months I'm going to be 50 years old, which is cool, glad I made it this far. There were couple of situations that could of changed that.

Despite some bad habits between the ages of 18 to 35 I was generally very healthy and in good enough shape to participate in individual and team sports. One of my friends was superior in all racket sports including table tennis whereas I was better than most everyone I played golf with. I made some decent money playing skins and other side bets.

Few things are more satisfying than the verbage a friend has to tolerate while in the process of losing and then finally when they pay up. Reneging was not an acceptable practice.

In the near future there will be some ping pong playing, I'm hoping that a rank such as 'Captain' means squat and I will be able to brag a little. But reality is that we are all out of shape to and in varying degrees, just finishing a game without a heart attack or fucking up a knee will be good enough for me, anything more is gravy.

Normally I follow hockey very closely, thanks to CNN and Barack Obama announcing his intent to run for President of the US, my attention has been consumed [ in a healthy way ] in watching the whole thing unfold.
I've won money on this election and I'm not the only one.

I will be spending more time reading stuff at T.O.Sports, there's gotta be something posted that I can dispute.


Anyone can say anything, within reason, about what I write, thats fair game.


I did play a round of golf this year, I plan to play more than once next year.

No comments: